June 19, 2001
The Institute of Information Transfer Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS IPPI), on behalf of the director, RAS academician Nicolai A. Kuznetzov, the Chairman of the Scientific Terminology Committee in the field of fundamental sciences, and the Publishing House ETS, on behalf of the director Igor V. Fagradjanz, signed a contract about scientific and practical cooperation in the field of creation and publication of scientific and technical dictionaries, terminological dictionaries and collections of the normative terminology, and also other dictionaries and thesaurus-reference publications on various areas of a science and engineering in hard and virtual release.
The contract provides also cooperation in the field of creation, conducting and distribution of terminological databanks, terminological bases of knowledge, terminological collections and terminological recommendations.
The parties plan:
1. To ensure access to the all available in this area dictionaries of the Scientific and Technical Terminology Committee of the Russian Academy of Sciences, in particular to the Terminological Collections and to the Collections of recommended terms ## 001…119 of the Technical Terminology Committees of the USSR Academy of Sciences, to that of Scientific and Technical Terminology Committees of the USSR Academy of Sciences and to that of the Fundamental Science Terminology Committee of the Russian Academy of Sciences
The Collections in electronic form are available at
http://www.ets.ru/cgi-bin/search.pl?attr=ftp,dict&l=r - (Russian)
http://www.ets.ru/cgi-bin/search.pl?attr=ftp,dict&l=e - (English)
http://www.ets.ru/cgi-bin/search.pl?attr=ftp,dict&l=d - (German)
2. To expand considerably the list of such editions by creating new collections of a normative terminology in new scientific areas and branches of knowledge.
In particular, in a near future is planned to develop the collections of the recommended terms under the Internet Communications, Internet Commerce, Up-to-Date Communication Units, M-commerce, the theory of Information Transfer, Data Protection etc.
The interested persons and organizations of any patterns of ownership are invited to cooperation.
The Publishing House ETS and the RAS Scientific Terminology Committee in
Fundamental Sciences signed a contract about the edition by the Publishing House
ETS all the 119 Terminological Collections and Collections of Recommended Terms
of the USSR Academy of Sciences Technical Terminology Committees, the USSR
Academy of Sciences Scientific and Technical Terminology Committee and the RAS
Scientific Terminology Committee in the field of fundamental sciences
issued for all history of existence of the USSR Academy of Sciences Terminological Commission and that of Academy of Sciences of Russian Federation.
The terminological Collections were issued of three types:
- In Russian (term and definition);
- In Russian and English (Russian term; English translation of the term; interpretation in Russian);
- In Russian, English, German and French (term in Russian; English, German, French translation of the term; interpretation in Russian)
The Publishing House ETS and the Terminological Commission of an Academy of Sciences of Russian Federation have signed the contract about a publishing plan preparation for release of the New Terminological Collections.
The Publishing house ETS (Igor V. Fagradyanz, the director) and
the RAS Scientific Terminology Committee in the Fundamental Sciences (academician Nicolai A. Kuznetzov, the Committee Chairman; academician Juri I. Kryukov, the scientific secretary; Prof., Doct. Sergey D. Shelov, the Program Responsible)
invite to cooperation all the interested organizations and persons, and also announce about the preliminary subscription for the Terminological Collections.
Estimated cost of a complete set of the Collections (##001…119)
(electronic books as pdf or tif format) US $890 (for Russian ONLY users and
organizations 8500 RRub.)
Delivering - Internet (download) or at CDR (W) (US $12 extra to post).
For the RAS Scientific and Technical Terminology Committee
Prof., Doct. Sergey D. Shelov, the Program Responsible
tel. 7 095 200 1560
For the Publishing House ETS = Electronic and Traditional Dictionaries =
Igor V. Fagradjanz, the Director
tel/fax 7 095 917 2160